Friday, March 28, 2008

Quotes of the Day

Middle-aged woman with husband, reading title of book: "Old Money. That's money that's not new. All rich people now are new money. And that's why we had the Titanic, so we could kill off all the old rich people and start over with new rich people."
A few minutes later: "I told you Condoleeza would run. She'd make such a better president than Hillary - I really hope she wins."

I actually heard these things. I don't think her husband did, however, if his blank stare was any indication.

How I envy him.

Rachel, we need to move to Ireland/Scotland/wherever. Like, really, really soon.

2 comments:

rachel said...

as soon as i can afford the ticket, i'm up for it!

jessica and i were thinking that we should contact a matchmaker over there and then we won't have to worry about that visa crap... :)

i know you're looking forward to being a spinster and all, but it might be worth it.

Youthful Curmudgeon said...

Could I be a spinster with a bit on the side? Best of both worlds.