Friday, March 14, 2008

Weird Celebrity Crush My Friends Don't Understand

So, it's true that my job sucks, and for multiple reasons. But I am getting paid a whole, um, $6.75 an hour to watch The Colbert Report, knit, and drink tea, so, you know...

Anyway, I am officially adding Stephen Colbert to my list of reasons why I will never, ever get plastic surgery. It doesn't matter how wrinkly and unattractive I get - yeah, it'll suck, but I can cope. I will gladly allow my face to shrivel like a raisin on the long road to death in the hope that, one day, it will be as expressive as Stephen Colbert's:


Truly, the man has a face made for satire. Not only that, he has a handsome face made for satire. It almost satirizes attractiveness. The jaw, the eyes, the eyebrows - yeah. And of course it helps that he's hysterical.

The second-happiest day of my life was the day I learned that Stephen Colbert was coming out with his own ice cream. And the happiest? The day I bought that ice cream, and ate Stephen Colbert with a spoon.

So thank you, Stephen Colbert, for being who you are. I have nothing but fangirl-style adoration for you and your freakishly dramatic eyebrows.

2 comments:

Rayelle said...

That is EXACTLY the eyebrow thing I was talking about on Wed. night! Nice job finding a picture of it. He sure is handsome, isn't he? But I am not sure the wonderfulness of the ice cream has a whole lot to do with his name on it...it's just a freaking fabulous flavor! MMMM want some now...

Youthful Curmudgeon said...

It took me forever to find that picture, but I think it was worth it. And you're right about the ice cream - his face on the carton is really just a bonus.