Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Religious Epiphany

A few weeks ago, en route to my blog, I made a simple typing error and became lost. By switching the s and p in blogspot, I found myself in a crazy religious site run by people who think that, since I am a Catholic who sins frequently and flippantly, I am going to Hell. Which is entirely possible, I suppose, but something tells me that God would decline to share such a juicy piece of gossip with self-righteous borderline-psychotics.

Anyway, I thought it was odd for a religious site to have http://www.skippingpastconclusions.blogpsot.com as their URL, since 1. they're not a blog, and 2. "skipping past conclusions" is meant to imply a lack of both focus and knowledge. (Although, maybe that's why they misspelled "spot.")

Then this morning, on my way to Carrie's blog, I once again switched the s and the p, and, once again, I wound up in Psychotic Pseudo-Christian Land. This seemed strange, so I started testing other blogs, and the same thing happened every time. Rachel, it works for your blog. It works for the Guerrilla Knitters as well. It works for everything.

And that's when I realized - the roads to hell are both profuse and varied, but all it takes to bring us to Jesus is a simple typo.

Thus, stupidity saves.

2 comments:

Josh Gray said...

What intrigues me is who would decide www.blogpsot.com would be a good idea for a domain name. Since these people aren't really a blog site, they can't have simply thought the phrase fit their agenda. Thus, my only conclusion is that they are actively seeking the people who make typos!!! On the scale of things, domain names are pretty inexpensive ($35 per year and less). This means to me these people have elected to prey on innocent surfers in an attempt at recruitment.

Quite simply, this makes me sick.

Josh Gray said...

PS. Alternate addresses for these looneys:
bibledesk.com
amazingbible.org
BibleCollegeOnLine.com
AaronsBible.org

I could only read their site for about 5 minutes...sigh.

Just like Visa . . . THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!!!!